Monday, January 26, 2009

Mindless drivel

About mid-day I started getting the familiar pains that I know herald the beginning of an ovarian cyst getting ready to go south. I tried to tough it out, sometimes they go away without incident but this one is determined to go through the whole cycle so I took a pain pill and snuggled up to keep warm.
So, in the meantime, nicely stoned and toasty, I'm going to ramble a little....you don't mind do you?
I should be getting chicken eggs today or tomorrow that I will try to incubate into little chickens. How much fun will that be? Great opportunity for the kids too. We're getting some silkies, frizzles, sizzles and some mutts. Can't wait!
My own girlie chickens wanted out this morning though they usually abhor the cold weather. I see they're back in now. Must have decided that 10 degrees was not chicken weather. All 17 of them are laying and that hasn't happened in the winter any other year so I have to attribute it to the added warmth of the heat lamp in the coop. I know some people say heat is not necessary but apparently is for my girlies.
Recently connected with one of my cousins and it's been great fun catching up with her and finding out how similar we are after all this time apart. She's into gardening too so I'm going to send her some of my favorite seeds. It will be fun to compare the results she gets up there in fertile soil compared to my meagerly amended dirt and sand.
One of the kitties got hurt somehow. She limps badly and I'm worried that one of the many predators will make off with her. Naturally it's one of my favorite feral cats, if there is such a thing as a favorite wild animal. I should bring her in and try to tame her down and make her a house cat. Wonder how that will go over with Greg?
Well, I think I'll try to do Tarot homework! Nothing like reading the cards when you're under the influence.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the pain. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your mindless drivel.

    I have a friend who doesn't so much read tarot under the influence, but rather, uses tarot to decide if he should be under the influence. Maybe you should try that out?

    Not usually a good thing when I encourage my mother to do things like that...

    ReplyDelete